- Congratulations to the 2016 Go Beyond Award winners!
- Thank you for attending the 2016 I2SL Annual Conference! Remember to submit the conference evaluation form in the onsite mobile app to share your feedback.
- If you forgot to fill out or turn in a conference attendance form with the continuing education credits you earned at this year's event, contact I2SL.
- Interested in exhibiting in the 2017 I2SL Annual Conference? Exhibitor registration will be launching soon, so stay tuned for details.
- I2SL and My Green Lab launched the first annual North American Laboratory Freezer Challenge at the 2016 I2SL Annual Conference. This challenge is designed to encourage all laboratories to recognize the benefits of good cold storage management. Laboratories across North America are invited to participate. Learn more about the challenge, including how you can register to participate.
- Check out this article from Lab Manager Magazine, "Improving Energy Efficiency in Cold Storage Systems," to learn why cold storage management is important.
- Are you interested in starting an I2SL Chapter in your region? Let us know and we will connect you to other industry professionals in your region as well as other chapter officers to help you successfully kick off a new I2SL Chapter.
- At the 2016 I2SL Annual Conference, FEMP Director Tim Unruh announced the launch of the Better Buildings Smart Labs Accelerator. This initiative, supported by I2SL, aims to advance energy efficiency in laboratory buildings owned and operated by universities, corporations, hospitals, and federal agencies. I2SL invites laboratories to commit to reducing energy use in labs by at least 20% over the next 10 years and implement no- or low-cost measures in the shorter-term.
- Read the Smart Labs Accelerator fact sheet to learn more about this initiative, or view the partnership agreement if you are ready to become an Accelerator partner.
- Calling all scientists! I2SL Partner, My Green Lab, is leading the effort to bring ENERGY STAR® ratings to new ultra-low temperature freezers. Take a brief survey to tell us what freezers you use in your laboratories.
- Get I2SL's most recent Sustainability Scoop: Start the Semester Promoting Sustainability.
- I2SL, with Alison Farmer, Ph.D., kW Engineering, and Matt Gudorf, University of California, Irvine, collaborated to produce a new Best Practices Guide: Energy Efficiency Projects and Principal Investigators. The guide offers expert advice for cultivating cooperation and communication with key lab personnel throughout the retrofit process so that lab construction is not a major disruption. The guide is free to I2SL Members. To download, log into the Member Portal, navigate to I2SL Tools, and select Best Practices Guide: Energy Efficiency Projects and Principal Investigators. Non-I2SL Members can purchase the guide for $35.
- Access the recording of the two August I2SL High-Tech Talks webinars, "3D Printing in Medicine: Improving Delivery of Healthcare" and "Healthy, Humane, and Hygienic Animal Care Facilities."
- Find out about new job opportunities.
- Build your laboratory and other high-tech facility expertise with resources on the Laboratory Basics page.
Get Involved With I2SL
- I2SL's LinkedIn Group to get regular updates on the I2SL Annual Conference, Chapter activities, and industry information. You can also use I2SL's Online Community to promote your own events and high-tech laboratory news.